Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This makes me exceedingly happy.

We've had some radio silence this week on the blog because I unfortunately I have a real life (where I'm stabbed by the escaping underwire to my bra) and a real car (that is still in the shop) and a real job (that makes me work late) and I can't just sit around eating samosas and drinking cheap wine all day while I preview Black Friday ads and watch Extreme Couponing. I never shop Black Friday but I like to read the ads.  It's like the 50 Shades of Grey for shopping sadists.

So for my absence and to lighten up my week I give you this cat in a wig.
From Famous Faces here. This is the Katy Perry model but filtered for pink perfection.
It vastly improved my mood.  

So improved was it that I skipped my book club tonight so I could buy 15 pounds of organic chicken from Earthfare (coupons) and have some 'me time' by going to a lecture with hundreds of other people to see Thomas Friedman give a lecture.  I don't think I understand self care...

This is a big event in Chattanooga (and free thanks to the college) and every liberal over the age of 65 put on their best sequined autumnal-themed jacket and came out to party.  With their oxygen tanks.  I should have cruised for boyfriends.

Friedman was of course talking about globalization and particularly hyper-connectivity and I was all "Hold on, Tommy, and let me Instagram myself tweeting what you just said so I can blog about it later because I got this shit."

And then I looked at the octogenarians next to me and they were on their Kindle and I don't have a Kindle and I suck at life.  All I have is an iPhone with a cat as my wallpaper.  I mean, she's a pretty cat but she doesn't even have a hot pink wig so basically I'll be dead in five years.  

Thanks Thomas Friedman.  I hope I can eat all my chicken before I become useless in this world.


  1. Don't eat your chicken. Instagram your bewigged cat eating it on her way to a book club meeting so you have more to blog about while on a date with a sugar daddy. Meow

    1. Everything I do, I do it for you (and the blog).

  2. I expect bedazzling of said cat, color scheme inspired by Friedman. I don't know what this says about me as a virtual fan of yours, but I've been doing a blog class last month (why?!) and I missed reading your blog like you were a real person and not a figment of my imagination...

    1. Hey that's really sweet of you to say! I hope you enjoyed the blog class - feel free to pass along any pointers. I could probably use them seeing as that you're about 25% of my core reading group and I do miss your comments! Almost like you were a real person interacting with me and not a figment of my imagination. I think those are the other 75% of my readers...