Sunday, August 8, 2010

This makes me exceedingly happy.

The world's largest tree house:
article here
Built (and continually being built) by Horace Burgess after God spoke to him in 1993 and told him to build a treehouse.  It's 10 stories, almost 10,000 square feet and is a church complete with chime tower on top.  I need to go here immediately. 




258,000 nails, give or take a few, he says.  I believe him.








I can't find a good picture but the two ropes in the middle of the picture are tied to a folding lawn chair to make a 10 story rope swing.  Fuck.  Yeah.

Guess what?  It's only two hours away from the ModSauce ranch in Cumberland County, TN.  Why no one told me about this I don't know.  Let's pack up the  ZQX87000&@% Camera of Amazing Awesomeness and load up on gummi bears, Mountain Dew and Combos because I feel a road trip coming on.

14 comments:

  1. YES. i only learned of it last year and i still haven't made it over there. if you need an additional road partner then i'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrll, I'm thinking September because it's my birthday month and it hopefully it won't feel quite so much like Hades outside. Yeaaahhhh ROAD TRIP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really incredible! If you go, please post pictures of you swinging on the lawn chair swing. The world awaits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bet your ass I'll post pics! Weeeeeee!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, it just so happens I am free that weekend. Can't wait to push you (off/on) that swing! Wheeee. Barf.
    PS So, you will finally turn 21, eh? You can legally drink those martinis and cheap swill?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiiiinally, 21. Which feels surprisingly like 30. So weird. I need to rediscover my youth by spending it in a giant treehouse and lawn chair swing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't go without me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous - if I don't know who you are I'm not going to save you a seat in the car! Unless you bring snacks - then you can ride shotgun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it open to the public?

    Who cares, I'm going.

    Seriously, I'll go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES it's open to the public but not sure exactly where in Crossville - will investigate. And I'm seriously going in September (see comment above). I'll contact you. Seriously.

    YIPPPEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. snacks, check! my yankee self will be sure to bring plenty of homemade granola and wheatgrass for all. no refined sugars for this girl! (unless they're sour patch kids, those are fruit so they're natural)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anon - Um the entire purpose of a road trip is to overload on refined sugars... It's what makes the hours of being cooped up in a car with friends bearable. duh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my bad. i don't get out much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude seriously we should just build one and use it as a home away from home. It could be a great recycle/reuse home. Beat that architects trying to come up with a cool small modern house, grab a tree and go back to nature. That should seriously be the new "green" trend.

    ReplyDelete