Sunday, November 15, 2009

Really, though, pancakes at any time of the day (or night) are awesome

I'm a late sleeper.  I love sleeping.  It's one of my favorite hobbies.  But something happened on my slow crawl to thirty - I started waking up earlier.  FUCK!!!  I really like sleeping until noon because that way I can be wearing my pajamas and eating cereal at 4 pm it is totally normal and not pathetic.  But somewhere along the way to 30 my inner clock became an adult.  So now I wake up in this foreign territory called morning.   It may or may not have something to do with this either:



The paw on the face gets me everytime.  It'd be super cute if I didn't know that her little paw just buried some poop and mutilated a bird last night that was probably carrying avian flu.

And since I'm up this early now and apparently an adult I might as well watch the Sunday talking heads.  Somedays I just can't really have Afghanistan, waterboarding and George Will's bowties for breakfast.  So when it's too much it's nice to visit here and remember that life doesn't always suck big hairy politico balls.  It's about awesome stuff.  I even love the word "awesome" so they already had me at the dot com.  Here are some of my favorites:

#954 - Rain Hair

#848 - Old folks who sit on their porch and wave at you when you walk by.  I live in the south so this pretty much your full time job once you retire.

#844 - Celebrities on Sesame Street.  Seriously how much did you love Michelle Obama on Sesame Street this week??!!  Actually just MO period is really awesome.

#738 - When you go out for lunch and come back to a way better parking spot.  My goal in life.

#654 - Peeling that thin plastic film off new electronics.  I leave it on as long as possible to delay the gratification.

Here's a few of mine:

#375940272 - Waking up early on Sunday morning like an adult and deciding halfway the discussion of Afghanistan to go to Starbucks and get some coffee. In your pajamas.  Without brushing your teeth.  Hahahaha baristas!!!!!   I'm wearing socks with kittens on them inside flip flops, no bra and I smell like sleep!!!!! 

#7928292729729829 - Finally remembering to pluck that one stray eyebrow hair that you always find at work and then sit there just touching it ALL DAY because it feels so weird and fucks with your anal retentive tendencies and so you try to pluck it out with your fingers even though that's retarded and never works but you do it anyway because how awesome would that be if it really worked.

#C - Pancakes.  For dinner.

#4 - Finding someone else's spelling, grammatical and numbering mistakes.   hahahaha you suck illiterate assholes!!!

#73636 - Having your own blog so you can start sentences with prepositions.  I LOVE IT!!!!  In your face middle school english teachers!!!!  I break all the rules!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment