Sunday, December 6, 2009

I got nothin here...

I had planned to write another mind-blowingingly awesome post about getting shit-faced this weekend, vomiting my guts out at 3 AM and then waking up to SNOW(!!!!) in the morning and how that all relates to some greater context of love, life and design in this crazy universe.  But who really gives a shit, right?   

I just saw Precious and really all the stuff I wanted to write about seemed retarded.  Well more so than usual.  I think I'm going to have nightmares about Monique.  She was stunningly horrifying.  I could really talk about this movie for quite awhile so all I have to say is just go and see the movie.  Like now.  And then go home and take a really long shower and do whatever you need to do to like bleach your brain.  And then say a prayer to jesus about how awesome your life is and then email me so we can talk about it in detail.

Seriously - I think I'm going to have flashbacks. 



While searching for the image I found this blog which has some interesting  side-by-sides of ads.  I don't think the Precious poster was plagarizing per se but using a well identified image to convey some serious fucked-up shit in the movie.  In art we call that "appropriating" and that's probably a whole other post.  But then if you scroll down there's some Tyler Perry shit and don't even get me started on that mess.  Your call.

*When you're done with the movie read this about the director Lee Daniels (of Monster's Ball) and the making of the movie.  It's got spoilers so WAIT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment